Friday, May 31, 2013

Just A Little Bit

I usually hesitate before tweaking a pattern and knitting a shawl bigger.  Making it bigger doesn't make it better.  And I have my rule of knitting a pattern as written - at least the first time around.  Of course there are exceptions to that rule but only in extreme cases.

Yet somehow I couldn't resist the temptation to make my Pendulum bigger . . . just a little bit bigger.


And this is the result.  I didn't stop to calculate how much extra yarn "a little bit bigger" would require.  This is the last stripe.  As much as I was hoping there would be enough yarn to make it to the finish line, it's not going to happen.  For a brief moment I thought of ripping back, but that seemed foolish.

After all, it's not the end of the world.  There's more yarn where that came from. 


There's always more yarn.

Pink and green are a fun color combination and are my color inspiration for the week.  These ribbons are from our May Day celebration.  Where did the month go?


Bold and bright.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I was thinking of doing pendulum with a couple of your yarns. I think it looks terrific!