Friday, May 24, 2013

Stalled

Taking skeins of undyed yarn and turning them into skeins of colorful fun is an involved process, and often there are snags along the way.  

I started this week with a full dyeing schedule.  Today is Friday and I have work planned through the weekend, but I'm on track with the dyeing.  


It's the drying that's put me behind.  We've had a relatively dry spring, and I've been spoiled with easy drying conditions.  Now it's payback time.  This has been a week of damp days with high humidity, and I'm at capacity with wet wool.  The orders are backing up, and I have to clear this yarn out to make room for more.  I guess it's time to pull out the fans. 

Dyeing is messy work.  This particular mess is full of color and texture . . . my color inspiration for the week.


Dye puddle.

No comments: