Friday, June 15, 2012

The Livin' Is Easy

I know it's not officially summer yet, but it seems that many people have made the transition to the season of shorts, flip flops and days at the beach.  Vacations, long weekends, a more relaxed pace.  I'm usually slow to shift gears and find myself in mid-August trying to cram all the summertime activities into two weeks. This year I'm trying to do better.


For starters I'm going to savor my first coffee of the day outside on the porch.  Weather permitting, of course.




While I'm sipping that coffee, I might as well knit a few rounds. Usually I grab my first cup and get busy, but the work can wait a few minutes. Coffee and knitting - I think I'm going to enjoy easing into my day.  At this rate a day at the beach can't be too far away.


My color inspiration for the week comes from the shores of Squam Lake.  I've been stuck on green for a while now, but something about the fresh green along the water's edge spoke to me.  The cool breeze, the dancing sunshine, the gentle waves . . . magical.




Peace and tranquility.

No comments: