Friday, June 1, 2012

Color Fun

One of the most important life skills is the ability to roll with the punches.  I'm dealing with an extra layer of chaos these days.  As a way of coping I decided to play with colors.  I've found a bit of colorful distraction can work wonders.




As an aside one of the synonyms for chaos is holy mess.  I'm going to have to start using that.  Word play is also a good distraction.


To brighten up my day I brewed up some Potluck colorways.




These are one of a kind colorways.


With Potluck the emphasis is on color play.




I'm not worried about reproducing these colorways, so it's all for fun. These three and several more will be making the trip to Maine this weekend.


My color inspiration for the week is a secondary color.  These pink blossoms are stunning, but I was attracted to the centers.




Creamy accent.

1 comment:

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

I love play with color like that, too - no need for worrying about formulas or writing it all down. Unfortunately, I usually come up with something really cool, and I can't figure out how to reproduce it!