Friday, April 22, 2011

Octavia

This week I should have been doing many things, but instead I've been preoccupied with Octavia.  I simply could not put it down.  


Now it is off the needles.




It has been bathed.


Blocked.




And shaped just so.


I had planned to do a photo shoot outdoors; however, Mother Nature did not cooperate. 




The winds were so vicious I'm sure Octavia would have landed somewhere in the Berkshires.


This shawl was my on-the-go project.  The pattern isn't overly complicated but had enough going on to hold my interest. And a couple of times it challenged my ability to count.




Octavia is perfect for this time of year - a little something for those chilly spring days.  The yarn is Dirty Water DyeWorks Julia, colorway Lilac.  


When I first saw this pattern, I knew I wanted to use this yarn and this colorway.  Julia is a merino/tencel blend and has wonderful drape and sheen.  The Lilac colorway has subtle color shifts that don't conflict with the pattern.  The yarn and pattern complement each other nicely.


In spite of less than ideal weather I did manage to find my color inspiration for the week outside.




More purple.

5 comments:

Debbi said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!! So beautiful! I'd love to see it in person.......Sock Summit?

Tanya said...

It is gorgeous, Stephanie!

Kathy in San Jose said...

I, too, was obsessed with Octavia over the last few weeks. Mine is off the needles but not yet blocked, and yes -- lilac is the perfect color for this shawl. Beautiful!

Knitnscribble.com said...

just beautiful, the color is delicious

Taos Sunflower said...

Sweet. The color is just perfect.