Monday, April 4, 2011

Patience Is A Virtue

I consider myself a fairly patient person, and I think I've acquired more patience over the years.  Raising children is a good exercise in patience.  I don't blow up at the drop of a hat.  If things aren't going quite right, I'm ready to take time and make adjustments. Be flexible, take a deep breath, go with the flow.  


However, I've discovered that I'm not always so patient when it comes to getting a new DyeWorks project underway.  There have been a couple of new projects brewing for a while now.  Some decisions have been made - that's always the first step.  Now I'm waiting for the pieces to come together.  Little things like waiting on a yarn delivery and then dyeing it all up.  So while I was ready to get to work on all of this last week, I find myself waiting.  And waiting is trying my patience. When it comes to these projects, I feel I have the patience of a strong willed 2-year-old.


Over the weekend I did to myself what I did with my kids when they were 2 years old.  I distracted myself with a walk to the park. 




I took my knitting along for company.  The day was a bit windy and not all that warm, but it took my mind off all the other work I wanted to be doing - and couldn't.


And there was a bonus.




My first sighting of crocuses.


The winner of the Change Of Seasons Contest is Carolyn.  Carolyn, I can't locate any contact information for you.  Please contact me using the "About Me" link in the sidebar and claim your prize.

No comments: