Friday, April 8, 2011

Time For Dyeing

The work never stops.  After a busy week with far too many appointments and meetings, I'm looking forward to the weekend and uninterrupted time for dyeing. Time for the dyeing I didn't get done during the week.  I'm not deluding myself into thinking that I will catch up on all the dyeing, but I'm ready to tackle my long list.


For those of you in the area I should mention The Great Rhody Yarn Crawl which is coming up next weekend, April 15-17.  I've recently spoken with several local people who hadn't heard of this event, so I want to be sure to get the word out.  Several yarn stores in Rhode Island have banded together to sponsor the yarn crawl.  There will be specials in each yarn store, goodies and a raffle on Sunday. Each store is also collecting food items for the Rhode Island Community Food Bank.


On Sunday afternoon there will a marketplace at Slater Mill, and Ysolda Teague will be on hand for a book signing.  Dirty Water DyeWorks will be one of the marketplace vendors.  The grand prize raffle will be held on Sunday afternoon at Slater Mill.  Visit the website and Ravelry group for more details.


Speaking of raffles today is the final day to enter the XRX raffle to raise money for their employee, Sue, who is battling ovarian cancer. The deadline to enter is today at 5:00 CDT.


We've had our share of April showers.  When we had a dry day this week, I made the most of it.  There isn't much in the way of spring color.




This babbling brook will be a reduced to a trickle by summer, but right now it's full of cold, refreshing water.


I found one quiet pool of water that provided a clear view beneath the surface and my color inspiration for the week.




Glistening earth tones.

No comments: