Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Clever Construction

I've been dyeing a little of this and a little of that in preparation for Connecticut Sheep and Wool Festival this coming Saturday.  There's always extra work right before an event.  While I was at it, I dyed a new colorway for a new sample.  What's one more pot of yarn?




The photo doesn't do this yarn justice.  The unnamed blue colorway has subtle hints of green in the mix.


In between pots of yarn I've been working on Corinne.  Row after row after row of garter stitch.  Garter stitch has such a soothing, calming rhythm.  It's a perfect balance to the flurry of dyeing activity.  Lest I be bored this pattern has a clever design element.




The sweater is worked in one piece from side to side.  The left front and sleeve are finished, and I'm about to embark on the back.  All this shaping is accomplished with a simple 8-row repeat.  I'm mesmerized, watching the sweater take shape before my very eyes.  And I'm obsessed.  The hard part is putting it down.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Both the sweater and the new yarn look really cool. That pattern might be a good candidate for my long-marinated Schaefer custom dyed yarn (surely you remember that heap o' yarn from way back when).

Can't wait to see what the newly dyed skein will become - you might have guessed I would fall for the color, eh?

Have fun in CT!