Friday, December 17, 2010

Time And Effort

There are times when you can be very busy and industrious but not have much to show for your work.  That's where I'm at this week.  I've played around with dyes and new colors, ordered yarn for a new line of yarn and searched new patterns for booth samples.  But I don't have much to show for all my time and effort.  At least not yet.  That makes today a good day for . . . 


THIS AND THAT


~  'Tis the season for wreaths.  I've seen many wreaths that you can make yourself, some better than others.  If you like felted balls, this wreath is for you.  I appreciate it when items are recycled, giving them a new life.  This wreath recycles old sweaters.  Very creative.  Last but not least, a new use for coffee filters.  This coffee filter wreath can be made in either brown or white.  Scroll down to see other creations made from coffee filters.


~  In another lifetime I used to embroider.  Then knitting took over and there wasn't enough time for the smaller needles.  My embroidered projects seem very primitive compared to these embroidered works of art.  Painting with embroidery.


~  How about a knitting store/school on wheels?  That's what SweaterGirls provide in Albuquerque.  They are regulars at the farmers' market and various events around town.  I love the trailer - so New Mexico.  It's like the bookmobile for knitters.


~  Barb Parry of Foxfire Fiber & Designs is having a Sheep Share giveaway.  She is giving away two 2011 Sheep Share memberships. Spread the word and enter to win.


Speaking of contests thanks again to all who entered the Celebration Contest.  It's not too late to enter.  The contest closes tonight at midnight.  Leave a comment and enter to win.


I've been watching the river that flows not far from my house.  Ice has been forming.  Geese and swans still swim in the frigid waters.  The light is dim; the trees are bare.  The water is like glass with reflections that are dark and cold.  My color inspiration for this week comes from another reflection, a picture taken before everything froze over.




Glass with the last colors of fall.

No comments: