Monday, December 27, 2010

Reality Check

With the holidays behind us there's a sense of relief.  And freedom. While I have a couple of gifts I need to finish knitting, I feel I can start a new knitting project without any pangs of guilt.  I suddenly feel I have more time on my hands.  If I stop to think about it, I realize I don't have more time - but I can dream.


Yesterday I started contemplating new projects.  I want to start a new sweater in the worst way, and I have yarn for several sweaters ready and waiting.  The reality is I need a new hat, and a pair of mittens would be nice too.  The reality is I have a couple of new booth samples in the works and loads of yarn to dye.  So I've scaled back my ambitions - for the moment anyway.


I have to share this knitting related discovery from the world of Lego. My daughter was examining a Lego set in the Harry Potter series.




This is Mrs. Weasley.  In the Harry Potter books Mrs. Weasley is a knitter.  If you look closely, you'll see knitting needles and yarn in her apron pocket.  Kudos to Lego for attention to detail. 


The winter storm that started yesterday continues to snow and blow today.  This was the scene from my front steps earlier this morning.




A winter wonderland.  It's a good day to start that new hat.

No comments: