Friday, November 12, 2010

Weekend Retreat

This is the weekend for knitting retreats.  Here in New England Clara Parkes is holding her annual Knitter's Review Retreat.  Clara has a weekend of classes, shopping and entertainment lined up for attendees.  Half way across the country there's the Mitten School, a weekend devoted to mittens with Adrian Bizilia.  How cool is that?  It sounds like an intense, stimulating and fun weekend.  And finally, on the West Coast there is the Silk Retreat hosted by Stephanie and Tina. You can bet there's all kinds of wild craziness going on there.


In the spirit of this knitting retreat weekend I've decided to have my own mini retreat. For one day this weekend I will do nothing but knit and relax, possibly with a bit of spinning thrown in for good measure.  I will put the rest of my life on cruise control.  The last two months have been crazy busy - like a merry-go-round out of control.  It's time to take a break.


To prep for this mini retreat I've had the swift going.




'Round and 'round she goes.


There are many projects I could work on, and I haven't even contemplated holiday knitting.  Are there really only 42 days?  




I've started to line up a couple of options, but somehow I don't care so much what I'm working on.  It's more important to enjoy the moment, relax and catch my breath.  It's good to step off the merry-go-round once in a while.


For those of you in the area tonight is the Common Cod Fiber Guild meeting.  We will be treated to Knitting It Old School with Debbie Brisson (aka Stitchy McYarnpants) and Caro Sheridan (aka Splityarn). What a great start to the weekend!


By way of follow up the name that turkey contest has been closed. WEBS has released the pattern as a free pattern, and you can find it here.  While the name #351 Knit Turkey is a bit disappointing, he's still adorable.


I leave you with my color inspiration for the week.  Most of the leaves have fallen, brittle and decaying. 




Like leather.

1 comment:

Karen said...

What a great idea! I will think of you while I am working and running around...