Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Planning

These days I'm in planning mode.  There are new yarn bases to consider, new colorways to ponder.  With so many options it's hard to make a decision.  Or maybe it's just that the process takes longer. I'm wading through patterns and designs for new additions to the booth. What would I do without Ravelry?


I'm also in the midst of scheduling fiber events into next fall. Scheduling my life that far in advance contradicts what goes on with the rest of my life.  I rarely pull off one day in the here and now as scheduled. Instead I'm always rearranging my days on the fly.  I've come to think of the events as anchors in my life - the fixtures around which everything else must revolve.


With all of this planning the dye pots are quiet.  For the moment. And that's as it should be.  While things may seem quiet, there's plenty of activity simmering beneath the surface.  It's all part of the process. For today I have a bit of . . .


THIS AND THAT


~  I love to see men knitting; they are an important part of knitting history.  All my sons know how to knit, and I've had an increase in male knitting students in the classes I teach.  I was delighted to come across this photo gallery of men knitting.  


~ And here's an Icelandic man who knits and crochets.  This video clip is charming and instructional.


~ There's an interesting knitting/craft project just getting started in Turkey - a bridge between East and West.  It's encouraging to see women from such different cultures uniting around a common passion.


~ WEBS is having a celebration of the 200th episode of their Ready, Set, Knit! Podcast.  The celebration involves prizes, and you can find more information here.


~ And finally, this display of wool felted sails in western Massachusetts makes me want to take a drive just to see them. There are more photos of the installation here.


In the mist of all this planning I've found that stopping to knit for a bit can help with the decision making process.  Project update to follow. 

No comments: