Friday, August 28, 2020

Just a Nudge

We've had a very slight hint of fall the last couple weeks.  Nothing too dramatic . . . a nice cool start in the morning, pleasant sleeping weather, shorter days.  It isn't like we've turned the corner to full on fall, but things are definitely moving in that direction.

Apparently that's what I needed to nudge me in the direction of finishing projects.  I'm closing in on the bottom edge of my sweater.  I'm still not certain what the final length will be, but I probably should figure that out before I go much further.  It would help if I did some measuring.  I'm getting mighty close, and I'd hate to overshoot my desired length.

I've also been motivated to put the finishing touches on a couple projects.

This hat has been off the needles and kicking around for a while.  The other day I finally wove in the ends and gave it a little blocking.

This is Slipped Rib.  The pattern uses mohair and a DK weight.  So often mohair is held with another yarn, but not this time.  Like the name implies, the design uses slip stitches.  It's a cozy hat, and you can easily adjust the amount of slouch.

I used Shimmer in Cool Waters and Lucia DK in a new colorway that doesn't have a name yet.  You could have a lot of fun mixing and matching different color combinations.  Tuck this idea away if you need a quick gift down the line.

This week's color inspiration . . . 


Brilliant pops of color.

No comments: