Monday, August 10, 2020

Cautiously Optimistic

Before I get to the knitting, a quick update on August events.  I have to say, it seems strange to talk about fiber events.  It's been over five months since I participated in any organized event.  This month there are tentative signs that the fiber community is adapting to the current pandemic environment, and I'm cautiously optimistic.

On Saturday I have an outdoor pop-up at Twist Yarn Shoppe.  The hours are 10:00 - 4:00.  I'll have yarn, kits and bundles plus plenty of samples to look at.  The Sharon Show MKAL is just getting started, and I'll have kits available if you want to get in on the fun.

Next week I'll be participating in Fiberworld 2020.  This is a new event featuring a wide array of classes and an awesome mix of vendors.  I'll be live in my "booth" during select hours and available for questions or general discussion.  Follow the link for details.

Last week I had a lovely time at Salt Yarn Studio.  Thanks to everyone who stopped by.  If you missed the pop-up on the lawn, we're making plans for a repeat in September.  Stay tuned for details. 

It's good to be busy, but this little flurry of activity has cut into my knitting time a bit.

  

The Sharon Show is up and running, but I fell hard for the worksheet coloring.  With four colors, there are many options for color placement. As you can see, I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to coloring, but this was a useful exercise.  I abandoned by original idea after seeing it on paper.  Whew!  Now that my colors are sorted, I can focus on the knitting.

No comments: