Friday, August 14, 2020

Going Virtual

The pandemic is going to be with us for a while and that means large gatherings aren't possible.  In an effort to stay viable, the fiber community is shifting gears to online events.  

Next week I'll be vending at Fiberworld 2020.  This is my first organized virtual fiber event.

I've been working out the logistics of a virtual booth and upping my tech game.  There are more virtual events planned for the fall, and this is a good opportunity to figure out what works and what doesn't.

If you'd like a glimpse of a virtual booth in action, take a look at this.

Fiberworld 2020 runs for five days.  It includes classes and a marketplace.  See event website for details.

I'm still working out a few kinks, but I'll be live in my "booth" every day of the event.  Specific hours will be posted, and I'll give another update next week.

As knitters we love to touch and feel and see up close.  Virtual events can't compare to in-person events, but every day I'm thankful for the technology that's available with just a few clicks.  This pandemic would be even more challenging without it.

This week's color inspiration . . . 


Peachy goodness.

1 comment:

judy said...

Is this a new mic? A light? Always so much to learn.