Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Morning Stripes

After a hectic Tuesday, I carved out some knitting time for Wednesday morning.


I'm working on another stripe section in my Christmas In The City Wrap.  I'm rather smitten with this gray and brown combo.  Don't be surprised if it pops up in another project.

I know many people are slogging through this post-holiday, pandemic world we're living in.  On most days, I'm still using my daily purpose strategy.  Every day I pick one task or activity that I want to accomplish.  It doesn't have to be something that will take hours - small tasks are perfectly acceptable.  What can I say.  It gets me out of bed in the morning.


This morning I was still half asleep when I remembered my purpose for the day.  Note that it helps if you plan the daily purpose ahead of time.  It wasn't long before I was busy in the kitchen.  There was soup in the crock pot before I even had my first cup of coffee.  What keeps you going day in, day out? 

3 comments:

Michele in Maine said...

The pets' needs keep us going on a daily basis - feeding, walking, playing, etc. Good for you on the crockpot dinner before coffee! We try to prioritize our day while we're walking; the challenge is remembering those priorities by the time we get home!

stephanie48 said...

I also think the grey and brown look good together. What yarn are you using?

Stephanie / Dirty Water DyeWorks said...

The yarn is Lillian in Fog and Old Brown Dog. The combo has been on my list for a while, so it's fun to finally see it in action.