Monday, April 27, 2020

Daily Purpose

During this stay-at-home order, I've been encouraging family and friends to take it one day at a time.  Now I've refined that to include pick a purpose for each day.  

It doesn't have to be a huge undertaking, but it's much easier to get out of bed in the morning if you have a purpose.  It can be a little thing. Organize a bookcase, clean out a closet, sort through a stack of mail, work on a puzzle.  You can even clean the bathroom if that gives you purpose.

It turns out if you sit in a room long enough, you find more efficient ways to use the space.  I've been sitting in my office much more than usual, and over the weekend I realized I had under utilized space.  I don't know how that happened, but I didn't waste any time. 
Rearrange the office was at the top of my list for today, and that was the purpose that got me going this morning.

The office has been reorganized, and I'm thrilled with the fresh, new look.  It's a good thing.  I don't think I'll be out and about in the world any time soon.

My knitting has been a mixed bag over the last couple days.  Forward progress on one project, ripping out on another.


I swapped colors on my Breathe and Hope.  After a lot of debate and an informal poll, I think I'll stick with this.

No comments: