Friday, January 22, 2021

Separated

I should know better than to count on bonus knitting time.  I thought this was going to be a week with plenty of knitting time, but various interruptions captured the extra time and then some.  I'll have to make a quick recovery because a knitting deadline looms.  

The positive spin is that I separated.


I was finally able to set aside the sleeve stitches on my Albini.  I was getting a little weary of the long rows, so the separation was a welcome sign that I'm making forward progress.  Of course this isn't the deadline knitting that's hanging over me.  Now that this sweater is in a good place, I can easily focus on the deadline project.

I'm not a quilter, but I always admire the carefully crafted collections of colors and fabrics.  This week's color inspiration comes from the gather here window display which features a quilt made with fabric leftovers from masks sewn by the Boston Area Mask Initiative.  

Kudos to BAMI.  To date, they have made and distributed over 51,000 masks.  The full quilt is stunning, but here's a little snippet.


Colorful scraps.

No comments: