Friday, January 29, 2021

Close Enough

I've been working on deadline knitting, and I'm going to come up short.


A couple weeks ago my son requested a new hat - not necessarily for his birthday but I added that component to the mix.  We're celebrating today so that was my self-imposed deadline.  Yesterday I conceded the hat wouldn't be finished by today.  It's not the end of the world.  His birthday is actually tomorrow, and I'm sure I'll finish the hat over the weekend.  Close enough will have to do.

I did meet one of my deadlines for today.  My daily purpose was baking a birthday cake, and that's what I did first thing this morning.  I'm happy to report the cake is out of the oven and cooling.

We're in the deep freeze this weekend, and I love it.  For me, the bitter cold is absolutely invigorating.  As the cold air was rushing in, I captured this week's color inspiration.


Frozen footprints.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Reminds me of a photo I have somewhere (though it was taken on my first phone, so who knows?). Back in my EMT days, I had to pull an ambulance out of the garage area where it had been repaired. It was a very tight squeeze - picture a ton of K-turn-like maneuvers. Once I got it all the way out, I got out and looked at the ground. There was a swirly pattern in white and grey resulting from the tires turning back and forth in the white granular stuff the mechanic threw down to soak up oil drips (like clay kitty litter, basically). The colors were about the same as in your photo, but picture swoopy designs, like on a weather map - or a stitch pattern (thinking of a lot of the two color brioche I have seen, and another twisted stitch pattern whose name escapes me).

Pat's here said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat's here said...

I love the cold weather too.