Monday, January 11, 2021

Knitting and Math

For a couple weeks, I've been hunkered down and focused on my knitting.  As a result, I've finished a few things.  That means it's time to start some new projects.  Notice the plural.  I have several projects planned for immediate cast on.


A little math can come in handy when you're knitting.  I started this sweater over the weekend.  I applaud all of you knitters who post pattern notes on Ravelry.  I've made it a habit to skim them before I start a bigger project.

While I was reading notes for this sweater (Albini, in case you're interested), I noticed several comments about the neckline.  I took those notes to heart and made a  few adjustments of my own.  Time will tell if my numbers are on target.

And this is waiting in the wings.


I knit a swatch yesterday and blocked it overnight.  This is ready to cast on, but first I have to do a little more math.

No comments: