Friday, May 26, 2017

When Things Go Missing . . .

Yesterday I had a bit of a crisis when my keys went missing.  Normally I wouldn't have been too concerned, but my truck was parked at the end of the driveway and was blocking the other family vehicles.  One other detail.  I have only one key for my truck, so it was imperative that I find it.  

The keys didn't turn up after a quick search, so everyone scattered without the use of vehicles, and I started a more thorough hunt.  My son was the last one to use the keys, so I set about retracing his steps. I didn't dwell on the fact that he recently lost both his driver's license and his passport in two separate incidents just days apart.

After tossing the house, checking drawers and cupboards, sifting through the trash, sorting through laundry baskets, searching the fridge and freezer . . . well, I gave up.  I'm a firm believer in the notion that all missing things eventually surface, so I turned my attention elsewhere.

Since the keys seemed determined to remain missing, I threw myself into a major distraction that involved yarn and a new project.


Once I had settled on these, I started this.


I had a false start and a do-over, but I like it a whole lot better now.  I think I'll like it even more when I have other colors in play.

And the keys?  Later in the afternoon my daughter sent me a text asking what my keys were doing in her bag.  Apparently my son tossed them on the table, and they landed in her bag?  I don't know how they got there, but this proves my theory.  All missing things eventually surface.

I'm not usually one for pink, but I have a greater appreciation for it these days.  It's probably just a passing fancy, but here's my color inspiration for the week.


Any day now . . . 

No comments: