Friday, February 3, 2017

Worth Repeating

I'm always juggling family and work schedules.  I have a system, and usually I manage to keep the stress and double bookings to a minimum.  This weekend, however, I hit a bit of a snag. 

It seems I scheduled a family birthday celebration on the same day as the Super Bowl.  Of course the seriousness of the situation is compounded because the Pats are playing.  I worked long and hard to find one day when everyone was available, so I wasn't willing to give up on the party.  The only solution was to have a joint Birthday 
Party  / Super Bowl Bash.  I've done all the grocery shopping and there's still loads of cooking to do, but it will be fun.

I'm feeling pretty smug about the situation because not only did I navigate the scheduling conflict, I finished this hat for the birthday boy.


I had made him this same hat last year and he loved it, but through a series of unfortunate events it went missing.   His birthday seemed like a good occasion for a replacement.

The yarn is Bertha Sport, colorways Raven and Cloud.


The pattern is my own creation with a deep hem to make it extra warm and cozy.  

I found this week's color inspiration in an unlikely spot - the floor at Russell's Garden Center.


Cheery and bright.

No comments: