Monday, February 13, 2017

Counting Wedges

Well, it's been quite a day.  When I started the day this blog post was at the top of my to-do list, but then there was snow, a little bit of dyeing, a lot of driving and more snow-related work.  Throughout the day this post got bumped further and further down the list.

Early evening I was all set to have at it, but somehow I ended up outside again moving more snow and cleaning up the neighbor's driveway . . . just a little bit.  I came inside only to have the lights flicker and the internet go out.  It's very windy and the tress are heavy with snow, so I wasn't too surprised.  As luck would have it, the darkness was short lived.  When the power came back on complete with internet, I took it as a sign to forge ahead.

I've been able to get a fair amount of knitting time in even though my routine (such as it is) has been upset.


I've been focused on Quicksilver and wedges.  Each blue section is a wedge, and they get progressively bigger.  I have a strategy.  I start the day by knitting a wedge, and then work the stripes here and there in between everything else that's going on.  When the next wedge comes around, I take a break for concentrated knitting time.  So far it's working.


There are nine wedges all together.  I'm on the sixth wedge, so it's time for a knitting break.  I hope the power doesn't go out again.

No comments: