Friday, December 11, 2015

The Color Puzzle

I've been working on an experiment with the 3 Color Cashmere Cowl. Instead of picking the colors before I cast on, I've been making my color selections as I go.  I'm working with Bertha Sport and started with Cloud.  When it came time for the second color, I debated but finally chose Raven.

I had plenty of time with the two grays to contemplate the third color. At first I was tempted to go with a red.  Then I briefly flipped to a yellow, but I've done a lot with gray and yellow, so I abandoned that notion.  


In the end I settled on Peacock.  It feels like I found the last piece to a puzzle.  I'm smitten with this color combination, and now that all the decisions have been made, I can put my knitting on autopilot.

The other day I took a short walk along the beach.  I enjoy these 
off-peak visits to the water . . . peace and quiet.  I came across a pile that had washed up on shore.  This week's color inspiration reminds me of some of my yarn messes.


A colorful tangle.

1 comment:

Pat's here said...

An inspirational gift from the sea!