Monday, December 28, 2015

Holiday Lull

I hope everyone had a delightful long holiday weekend.  We had a stress-free celebration with plenty of food, drink, sweets and presents. On Christmas Day I was cutting it close on some of the cooking.  By that I mean I completely forgot I had to cook some items for the main meal.  My daughters rose to the occasion and divvied up the work while I issued instructions.  Thanks to the girls, it all worked out in the end.

The cold I've had for two weeks continued to plague me throughout the weekend.  I had planned on a relaxing weekend with plenty of knitting time, but instead I did more napping than knitting.  I spent most of my knitting time with a stockinette project - perfect for nodding off 
mid-row.

This is what I really wanted to be working on.


It's a sweet little lace project.  I got it up and running only to realize that keeping track of the pattern was going to make my head explode. I scheduled a quiet work week between Christmas and New Year's Day.  This project will come in handy.

No comments: