Friday, December 4, 2015

No Color Commitments

Gray is trending in my knitting world.


Usually I plot out my project colors before I cast on, but this time around I'm sorting it out as I knit.  

I started knitting with the light gray.  I thought I would be inspired before I needed the second color, but it didn't come together that way. A couple days ago I dyed more colors in this yarn base, and that generated some good possibilities for this project.  It was a tough decision, but I'm going with more gray.  I'll add another color to the mix, but I can wait before making my final decision.  I'm enjoying this process of no predetermined color commitments.

At the end of a gray day (or, especially after a series of gray days), a glimpse of the sun is a welcome sight.  My color inspiration for this week . . .


Sunshine breaking through at sunset.

No comments: