Monday, November 9, 2015

Snapshots from Fiber Festival of New England

I'm in a fog this morning . . . must be a fiber hangover.  I had a whirlwind weekend at Fiber Festival of New England.  Here's a peek.





Every time I see bobbin lace in production, I marvel that it's not a massive tangle of thread.  It's always interesting to hear the backstory.  The woman working on this piece was a potter.  She took up bobbin lace because she wanted a craft that didn't require a whole room full of equipment.


Gradient packs from Romney Ridge Farm.


A unicorn from A Fistful of Felt stopped by to visit the booth.  

And then there were buttons from Jane Quimby.





I have a real weakness for buttons and could have gone missing for a couple hours.  It's a good thing I only had a few minutes to browse.

Thanks to everyone who turned out.  I appreciate all the show and tell items that people brought to the booth and enjoyed chatting with each and every one of you.  It was a lovely weekend.

One final note.  If you're planning to attend Knitting Weekend in January, this is the last week for early bird rates.  See the website for details.

No comments: