Friday, August 21, 2015

Slipping Away

What happened to the lazy days of summer?  I don't think I got my fair share this time around.  This week I've been juggling hectic household schedules.  The situation was compounded with a trip to urgent care, helping a friend move, getting one kid ready for a week of travel and at the same time getting the house ready for 4 weekend guests.  The reality of the situation hit home when I couldn't schedule one night when everyone was available for a family dinner. 

I give up.  Fall is right around the corner, and I've resigned myself to the fact that the frantic pace is already here.  I've turned my attention away from a family dinner that isn't going to happen, and instead, I'm concentrating my efforts on prep work for fall.  


This colorway was an easy choice.  


I must admit I was tempted by one of my new blue colorways, but it wasn't that long ago that I had 3 or 4 blue projects in the works.  I need to balance things out, and Lillian Gourd is a step in the right direction.

For this week's color inspiration . . . 


Something sunny and bright.

No comments: