Friday, August 28, 2015

Compare and Contrast

I've been flipping back and forth between two shawl projects.  In some ways they are the same, in other ways they are so different.


Both shawls are worked from top to bottom but with different construction techniques.  My Purpleplexy stitch count has been steadily increasing and now stands at over 350.  I'm in the middle of another stripe section, so it's a little more time-consuming.  Once I finish the stripes, the pace will pick up again.  When all is said and done, I'll have over 450 stitches.

On the other hand, my Just Enough Ruffles Light seems to be cruising right along.  I'm in the middle of 36 short rows.  Because the rows keep getting shorter and shorter, it feels like I'm making great progress.  

And then I read ahead in the pattern - sometimes a good idea, sometimes not.  I never recommend reading ahead in a book, but reading ahead in a knitting pattern can be valuable.  I'm not sure if the knowledge that the final stitch count will be 768 is valuable information or not.  This might be a situation where ignorance is bliss, but at least now I can brace myself.

I never let a little bad weather interfere with a planned stop at the beach.  This week's color inspiration . . . 


All the grays.

No comments: