Monday, August 17, 2015

Flaming Desire

Yesterday morning I was out and about with knitting time on my hands.  Since I knew sweater knitting wasn't going to be practical, I left my Washington Square behind and grabbed a sock instead.


Flaming Desire.  I started the day with a foot to go on the second sock.  Knitting on a park bench in August can spark some interesting conversations.  One passerby was joking with me about summertime knitting.  When I reminded him that winter is coming, he nodded his head in agreement.

My Sunday was filled with a mix of this and that - a bit of dyeing, running errands, coordinating schedules, cooking and baking. Throughout the day, I worked on the sock.


At the end of the day, I had a complete pair.  It feels like I haven't finished a project in quite a while.  Maybe now the momentum is shifting.

This design features a lace pattern combined with twisted stitches.  It wasn't a completely mindless project, but it wasn't overly taxing either.


The yarn is a blend of Corriedale and nylon and isn't part of my regular lineup.  Both the yarn and the colorway were featured this past winter in one of the installments for Yarn Knot Socks.  I've used this yarn a couple times and do love it.  At some point, maybe I'll bring it back for a guest appearance.

No comments: