Friday, December 6, 2013

Weight Change

Knitting is one situation where it can be beneficial to add weight.  Most of my recent projects have been with fingering weight yarn.  While I love working with this weight, every once in a while I crave something that knits up quickly.  I don't need bulky weight where I can crank out a hat in no time, but something that takes shape without investing hours and hours would be nice.

To satisfy my craving and my desire to make a dent in my holiday knitting, I started a new project.



All it took was worsted weight.  Compared to what I've been working on, this mitt is moving at breakneck speed.  It's giving me both instant gratification and hope.

The website has a couple updates.  The Ravi Junior Kit is now available online.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page.  If you're a spinner, I also posted some fiber.

It's been a gray week here, so I was looking for a splash of bright for this week's color inspiration.  I found it.



Weathered red.

No comments: