Friday, December 13, 2013

Bouncing Back

The head cold that had been flirting with me made a move the other day.  It didn't let me go about my business and muddle through the day.  No, instead I had to take two long, extended naps.  I'm not big on napping because it's precious time that could be spent on something more tangible.  If I do go down for a nap, it's the equivalent of calling a truce and waving a white flag.

After I surrendered, I came out of my cold-induced naps feeling foggy but on the road to recovery.  As is my nature, I felt compelled to make up for lost knitting time.  After all the holiday season is upon us.

I knew I didn't want to pick up anything that was too taxing or required too much thought.  All I could handle was a mindless movie and effortless knitting.  


I grabbed the project bag with these little goodies and got to work.

The most challenging part was counting and re-counting the cast on. With a little effort I got all 252 stitches on the needles.  After that it was full steam ahead.


Dipped Infinity Scarf.  I just added the third color in the progression, and I'm hooked.  I can't seem to put this down for one of my other projects.  Maybe after one more color . . . 

This week's color inspiration is all about contrast.


Vivid outside, mellow inside.

No comments: