Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sock Solution

After my recent lace knitting escapade (see previous post), I realized I needed another project to balance the mental gymnastics that lace sometimes requires.  I'm out and about a lot this week with meetings and appointments - all places where I could be knitting but where I shouldn't be working on lace.  I needed a portable knitting project that didn't require too much concentration.   The obvious solution was a sock.  Since I didn't have one in the works, I went in search of a new pattern.

I looked here, there and everywhere - online, in books, through pages of patterns I keep ready and waiting.  When all was said and done, I landed back at Knitspot.


Movie Night Sock.  My last three pairs of socks were Anne Hanson designs.  The streak continues.

The yarn is Lucia, colorway Toffee.


I had forgotten how much I like this color.  Recently when I was sorting through inventory, I pulled the Toffee because it was an orphan skein.  At first I was thinking of a different color for these socks, but then I remembered the Toffee.  I wound the yarn and cast on without giving it a second thought.

It's time for me to pack my bag and head out the door.  Now that I have a sock on the needles, I'm ready for whatever comes my way.

No comments: