Friday, September 20, 2013

Current Distraction

I've been logging long work days, and I think the lack of sleep might be catching up with me.  Sometimes my days consist of recreating colorways that I've dyed many times.  It's like following a favorite recipe.  I check the instructions once in a while, but for the most part I'm on automatic pilot.  This is when my mind tends to wander. Yesterday I had the wild idea that it would be fun to have a new shawl for my travels next week.

Now I'm not crazy enough to think I could start a new project and finish it in time.  Instead, I did a quick survey of my works in progress. I don't have many projects on the needles, so the pickings were slim. In the end, I realized I have only one project that stands a chance of being finished by next week.


Dover Castle Shawl - the current Yarn Knot project.  I've completed the suggested number of pattern repeats for the body and have decided to add more.  Now the question is how many should I add?  I have to leave enough yarn for the border.  Adding to the body only to run out of yarn on the border would probably push me over the edge. I'll make a guess and hope for the best . . . something to ponder while I work my way through my dyeing list.

It seems that every time I turn around I notice more and more colors changing to autumn tones.  I captured these leaves in mid-change . . . my color inspiration for the week.


Yellow creeping in.

No comments: