Monday, September 16, 2013

Never Enough

Production Update.  I spent part of this past weekend winding skeins for Dipped Infinity Kits . . . winding and winding and winding.  Winding is probably my least favorite task in the dyeing process.  It's so boring that my mind wanders, and all I can think of is other jobs that need attention.  Then I take it one step further and get frustrated because I'm chained to the winder and can't do one of the million other things that need to be done.

Sometimes I have music playing when I wind, but usually that doesn't help while away the time.  Often I listen to Red Sox games.  Slow, deliberate baseball games make me feel like I'm zipping along with my winding.  It's all a matter of perspective, I guess, so I play these little games with myself.

Like the counting game.  When I was at the winder this weekend, I told myself I wasn't going to count the skeins as I was winding.  I need a lot of these little skeins, and sometimes it's best not to count as I go. Then when I'm done winding for the day, I count.  The goal is to be pleasantly surprised at the numbers instead of terribly discouraged.


The pile is impressive, but after counting, I'm only a third of the way there.  If anyone is looking for me, I'll be at the winder.

No comments: