Monday, April 1, 2013

Weekend Observations

I came away from the weekend with several observations.  A strip mall parking lot can be entertaining if you're people watching - loud teenage boys piling into a car, barking dogs left unattended in a car, excited children skipping into the pet store.  It can also be a good spot for production knitting while waiting for kids.  There's nothing like a few hours in a confined space to add several inches to the latest knitting project.

My Picabeau is off the needles and next in line for a good blocking.  I'll share pictures in a later post.


Since one project was off the needles, I had license to start a new one.  In case you're wondering, that's our communal Easter / Spring basket in the background.  That was one of my better ideas over the weekend - throw a bunch of candy in one basket for all to share.  I don't know why I didn't think of it years ago.  My not-so-good idea was leaving two teenage boys with potatoes, peelers and a pot and expecting that it would all land on the stove ready for cooking.  You win some, you lose some.

Next up on the needles is Draupner.  I would put this in the win column.


This shawl has a short row, scalloped bottom edge.  Draupner is worked from the bottom up, so right now it's all about the scallops. I came up with a production system on the first scallop.  One down, ten to go.

No comments: