Monday, April 29, 2013

Well-Earned

This past Saturday I was at Connecticut Sheep, Wool and Fiber Festival.  It was a wonderful day - chatting with people whom I see every year at this event, catching up on the latest with other vendors, admiring the parade of beautiful handknits.  To top it off the weather was gorgeous, and the sweet sound of baaing lambs could be heard all day.  Spring at its finest.

For all of that I don't have any pictures to show.  One day events move at breakneck speed - driving in the early morning hours, setting up in record time, nonstop busy in the booth.  Before I knew it, it was time to tear down and pack up.  You'll just have to trust me when I say it was a picture perfect day.

Yesterday I was in recovery mode and was sifting and sorting through the leftovers from Saturday.  I was reminded of a color combination that had grabbed my attention a few weeks ago.  At that time I almost pulled a couple skeins for myself but had a moment of practical honesty.  There was no way I had time to start a new project.


And I probably don't have time now either, but I'm going to take some time.  After four consecutive weekends on the road, I've earned it.

No comments: