Friday, April 26, 2013

Pink On Parade

It's spring, and pink is everywhere.  It's a welcome, cheery color full of hope after the stark, gray days of winter.  

One day in late winter a friend and I were considering colors for a new child-sized sample.  Without too much discussion we settled on pink. I wish more decisions were that easy.


If this design looks familiar, that's because you've seen it here before. This is the kid version of Low Tide Cardigan, knit by one of my sample knitting friends.  As a bonus this pattern comes in a wide range of sizes, and I couldn't resist showing it off for little people and big people.

The yarn is Lillian, colorway Desert Rose.  This Superwash Merino is practical for kids' garments.  Lillian is full of spring and bounce and creates a cushy fabric everyone loves.

Low Tide is finished with a few buttons for detail.


If you're headed to Connecticut Sheep, Wool and Fiber tomorrow, stop by my booth in the Green Barn to see both the child and adult versions of this sweater.

My color inspiration this week is in keeping with today's color theme. These buds remind me of popcorn.


Pink popcorn.

No comments: