Monday, December 10, 2012

Soft Cables Moebius

It's Monday morning, and I'm back at it after a successful birthday weekend for my daughter.


The requested Soft Cables Moebius.  When I was wrapping my daughter's gifts, I thought I might have to wrap this one with the needles.  Somehow I was able to buy a little time, finish and wrap it without the needles - always a bonus when gifting handknits.

Just this morning I realized that the name of this pattern is slightly misleading.  There aren't any cables.  Instead the design uses purl 3 together to create a twisted, cabley effect.


While this pattern doesn't have cables, it does have a moebius which is added at the very end.  The cowl starts with a provisional cast on. Once it's knit to the desired length, the fabric is twisted and joined with either a 3 needle bind off or grafting.  I chose the grafting method.

The yarn is Dirty Water DyeWorks Lillian, colorway Pumice.  This yarn has a lot of spring and bounce making for a squishy cowl.

Upon opening this gift my daughter paid me the highest compliment. "Oh, you made it for me.  When did you knit this?"  It's encouraging to know that I can still pull off stealth knitting, especially this time of year.  

No comments: