Monday, September 10, 2012

Piling Up

Last week I ramped up my dyeing schedule.  I figure if I keep myself crazy busy with yarn in and out and in and out of pots, I won't have time to dwell on the fact that my first event of the season is just around the corner.

So far my strategy of channeling stress into production has been working.  By the time the weekend rolled around, I knew I had to move the freshly dyed skeins on to the next step.


Dyeing is only one part of the process.  After the skeins are dry, they have to be tidied, twisted and labeled.  My goal was to get all the skeins ready for labels.  

I thought I was successful until I discovered another basket of skeins I had tucked away for safekeeping.


The process continues.

In the knitting department I finished this little project.


Simply Soft Cowl.  The yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash Paints.  The ball band has gone missing, so I don't know the colorway.  It had an interesting effect with this stitch count.  This cowl is destined to be a class sample, but I would definitely make it again.  I think it would make a great gift, and I would put it in the quick knit category. Thinking ahead . . . I have a feeling that this year most of my holiday knitting is going to fall under that category.

No comments: