Friday, September 28, 2012

Just In Time

Fresh from the dye pot.


And not quite dry.  A little damp around the edges isn't going to stop me.  This worsted weight yarn is going to Vermont this weekend.  I'm delighted with the prospect of working with a heavier weight yarn.  I've been in the fingering / sock weight zone for so long now.  This yarn has instant gratification written all over it.

If you're headed to Vermont Sheep and Wool this weekend, stop by and say hi.  You'll find me in the Vendor Pavilion.

Ever since my kids were little, we've gone berry picking - blueberries, strawberries, raspberries.  As the kids have gotten older, the summertime ritual has continued.  This week we made our last trek to the fields for this year.  The raspberry crop hasn't been very good this time around.  It's been too hot, I think the farmer said.  While the raspberries weren't plentiful, they were still colorful.  My color inspiration for the week.


Last of the season.

1 comment:

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Gorgeous colorway - the worsted base looks super squishy, too.