Monday, September 24, 2012

And So Much More

I spent a lovely weekend at the Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival. The weather cooperated, and the rain held off until evening.  As always the customers were delightful, the event organizers were helpful and the other vendors were full of fun and inspiration.

Sheep and wool festivals are interesting events.


Of course there are animals.


And plenty of yarn.  Sometimes I think this is how I travel.

But then there are all the little extras that make these events so special - things that you usually don't find in your local yarn shop.


Colorful fiber balls sold by the dozen.


Knitting needles with a theme.


Cupcake soap decorated for the season.  I have a frosting phobia, so I'm in awe of the swirls and details on these little soaps.


This one smells like coffee.  Yes, coffee-scented soap.  My favorite.

For those with a sweet tooth.


Many flavors of fudge.  I must confess that several of those flavors came home with me.

And there are many more extras - everything from vintage buttons to cider donuts.  Sheep and wool festivals . . . animals, fiber and so much more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was lovey to see you and all your lovely yarns and samples! Glad to see your photos. They remind me of how great a weekend it was!