Friday, September 7, 2012

New Routine

It's the first week of September, and I've made an attempt to shift gears to a new routine.  Many move seamlessly from summer to fall without a hitch, but for me it's been a slow transition - a two steps forward, one step backward kind of week.  

I'm trying to get my family on board with the reality of my schedule for the next couple of months - many hours of dyeing mixed with several weekends of travel. In an effort to utilize my resources I've put them in charge of meal planning and preparation.  The one rule is that they have to actually cook.  No running across the street for pizza.  We have meat eaters, a vegetarian and a vegan all under one roof, so it's sure to be an adventure.

As I stumbled my way through the week, I had knitting in tow.


Swatching.  I'm in love with this new yarn and can't wait to start the sample.  

At one point mid-week I had thoughts of casting on a new sock.  I don't have a sock in progress right now and feel rather lost without one. 


But I resisted and put my energy into this sample instead.  Secret of Change is a simple garter - short row - eyelet combination, but it's kicked my butt a couple of times.  Just another reminder that simple can be challenging.  After two sections I think I have the hang of it and am ready to march forward.  

My color inspiration for the week washed up on the beach.  It caught my eye, glistening in the sun.


Bright green and reddish brown surrounded by gray.

No comments: