For the past week or so I've been working on Gray Garden. I'm loving this shawl. I've been taking it everywhere, but over the weekend we had a bit of a falling out. Not the falling out where I cast it aside and don't look at it for weeks. Instead I came to the realization that this project is not traveling well any more. It's become big and bulky. Juggling the long rows and pages of charts has become too cumbersome. Gray Garden has been reclassified as a stay-at-home project.
I don't have much else on the needles right now, so of course I had to start something new to be my on-the-go project. For the past month or so I've been mulling over new project ideas - more booth samples, a fun kit, a new sweater. On Saturday I contemplated yarns and colors for all of these ideas. I tried different color combinations, but nothing grabbed me. I tried different lighting - still no luck. In the end I decided that these ideas need to marinate for a while longer.
For my new project I turned to an old standby.
Lighthouse Gansey Sock has been in my pattern pile for a while now.
I cast on, and everything fell into place. This is the perfect project for me to lug around. Gray Garden will still get plenty of attention; the new projects will sort themselves out. And when I'm out and about I have a new sock to keep me company.