Monday, March 19, 2012

Day Trip

Somehow in the crazy madness of juggling family schedules I found myself taking a day trip to Maine over the weekend.  I knew there would be plenty of waiting time.  Waiting time is good for knitting, but to break up all that knitting time I did what any self-respecting knitter would do.  I made a stop at the local yarn store.




I've been meaning to stop in and visit KnitWit, but I always seem to be driving through Portland in a hurry, on my way to someplace else. This weekend I didn't have any excuses.


KnitWit is the flagship store for Quince & Co. This is the place to go for all things Quince & Co. - samples, patterns and yarn.  There was a sock class in progress when I was there.  It was great to see so many knitters enthusiastic about knitting socks.  




While I was tempted by several skeins of Quince & Co., this yarn caught my eye and I couldn't leave without it.  Bright green and yellow for the changing seasons.


It was a beautiful day in Maine with time to spend walking along the river.




The seagulls were out in full force.


It was a beautiful day in Maine to sit outside and knit.




Forward progress on Gray Garden continues.  

1 comment:

Pat's here said...

Stephanie, the shawl is beautiful!