Friday, March 16, 2012

Keeping Me Company

This has been a week of long days with extra running around.  I don't usually carry lace knitting as my on-the-go project.  Charts and pages of instruction aren't as handy when it comes to standing in line or knitting discreetly in a meeting.  But I've made an exception the last few days.



I started Gray Garden and can't put it down.  For the most part it has traveled well.


I stumbled a bit at knit night.  Talking while knitting lace should not be attempted in a sleep deprived state.  I had to rip out a couple of rows to right the ship, but it's been smooth sailing ever since.




Right now this looks like a mish-mish of knitting, but in the end it will be transformed by the magic of blocking.  My schedule for the next couple of days includes more traipsing around.  Gray Garden will be my companion.


Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day - the day for all things green.  From tee shirts to hair to cupcakes to beer - the wearing and the eating of the green.  It's only fitting that my color inspiration for the week continues that theme.




A variety of greens.

No comments: