Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Booked

Life has conspired against me the last couple of days, and I'm trying to roll with it.  The pictures I had planned for today will have to wait for another post.


In other news . . . spring is officially here.  I've been working on scheduling and confirming show dates for the next three months.  I'm happy to report that the calendar is full.  Travels this spring will take me to Rhode Island (twice), Connecticut, Maine and New Hampshire (twice). The full list including links is in the sidebar to the right.  The Events page on the website has also been updated with the current schedule information.


I admire yarn bombing on many levels - the creativity, the energy, the inspiration.  Yarn bombing knitters are both clever and artistic.  While I still contemplate something on a small scale to brighten my street, a knitter in Saltburn has created a yarn bombing masterpiece - a display of Olympic figures.  Go ahead and check it out.  Knitted figures engaged in Olympic sports.  This is a yarn bombing installment that required an enormous amount of thought and planning - hours and hours of work.  The detailed figures are truly incredible.  An air of mystery surrounds these carefully knitted athletes.  No one knows who is responsible for the display.

No comments: