Monday, September 7, 2020

September Reset

The world is still upside down, and every once in a while I need to pause and get my bearings.  Last week the lone 2020 event still on my calendar finally cancelled.  It wasn't unexpected.  In fact, I wondered why it took so long to throw in the towel on Fiber Festival of New England.  Rhinebeck, which is only two weeks before FFNE, cancelled quite a while ago. 

There's talk of a virtual FFNE, which would be wonderful, but the cancellation of the in-person event is actually a huge relief.  I'd been caught in a precarious limbo . . . trying to figure out how I would do a live event if they held it.  I have a big booth and could set up a one way path.  I could drive back and forth instead of staying over - although the thought of the extra driving time was exhausting.  I knew some vendors would probably cancel.  Would people even come out for the event.  The list goes on and on.

The cancellation brings some closure, and now I have a clear view of the remainder of 2020.  Except for a couple pop-ups in the area, I'm not going anywhere for the rest of the year - and probably beyond.  As an aside, if you're in the area, take a look at the right sidebar.  I have a couple pop-ups this week and next.

Now that I'm not plotting and planning for an event that might or might not happen, it's much easier to focus on other pieces of this business that's chugging along in the midst of a pandemic.  Samples still need to be finished, and that's where I've been putting my energy.


The bottom edge of my Toetoe needs another inch and a half plus I have a couple other projects that are all but finished.  Forward progress is a great motivator.

This fall will be completely different in so many ways, but I'm still embracing it.  Not even a pandemic can stop knitting season.

2 comments:

Michele in Maine said...

Yes, a relief! Are you rolling over for 2021? Trying to decide...!
Love the yellow sweater!

Nicole said...

I miss seeing your yarns in person. Your ToeToe is lovely, and was wondering what color and yarn you were using. That yellow is beautiful!