Monday, May 11, 2020

Comfort Knitting

This weekend was an experiment in vending at a virtual fiber festival.
It was fun.  Not as much fun as seeing everyone in person, of course, but it was encouraging to still exchange ideas about patterns and colors.  Thanks to everyone who stopped by to check it out.

The wind was ferocious over the weekend, and the weather was less than ideal for a fiber festival, especially for outside vendors.  I vend outside at New Hampshire.  From cold and snowy to sweltering and windy, I've experienced every kind of weather situation at this event.
I'd be lying if I said I didn't have mixed feelings about staying home this weekend.  I definitely missed the social connections, but I'm glad I didn't have to wrestle my E-Z Up to keep it from blowing away.

To add to the mix, this was the first time in a dozen years or so that I've been home for Mother's Day.  For me, it was disconcerting.  For my family, it was challenging to coordinate a surprise dinner with me underfoot.  We made some adjustments along the way and had a lovely day.

At the end of it all, I had just enough time for a new cast on.


Bonus shot of Benji in the background.  I don't have too many projects on the needles, so a new one is completely justified.  Plus I could use some comfort knitting right now.  Garter stitch fits the bill.

No comments: