Monday, December 23, 2019

The Holiday Groove

Our holiday preparations have improved considerably since my last post.  After my trunk show on Saturday, I kept right on going.  No one in the family was committed to help pick out a tree, so I stopped and snagged one.  

The pickings were slim but not as bad as the year I waited too long. That time the tree lot was closed for the season.  Luckily for me they left the last tree as an orphan, and we happily gave it a holiday home.

The house has been tidied and cleaned.  We settled on menus for two days, so bright and early this morning my daughter and I went grocery shopping.  We hit three grocery stores and managed to forget only one item.  The tree is in the house and has lights.  Decorating is on the schedule for tomorrow along with cooking and baking.


Everything is coming together complete with a new snowflake ornament crocheted by a friend.

This time of year can be challenging, and I admit I was in a bit of a funk.  So much to do, so many expectations, never enough time.  The list goes on and on.  I'm in the holiday groove now with a promise to savor the moments.  Make the most of the season and enjoy the celebrations!

No comments: